Engineering and Industrialisation Manager
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
ELGA Labwater is the laboratory water division and an integral part of Veolia Water Technologies, the world leader in water treatment. Veolia Water Technologies provide complete solutions for water treatment. Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application. We are experts in water.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will be required to manage and continue to develop the Engineering and Industrialisation team and to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
You will be working with a team of Engineers who perform the design engineering of laboratory water treatment equipment. You will be involved in the engineering aspects of a range of development projects involving design, construction, and assembly and testing.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with many of our teams including Research and Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing and more therefore confident communications skills are very important.
We seek a candidate who has the vision, ability and energy to provide the necessary focus and drive on existing key projects, and to be a key input in the ongoing strategic product development roadmap.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Design, development and technical support of own product designs and contract design activity;
- Providing leadership and guidance to a multi-disciplined team made up of Mechanical, Electronic, and external software consultants, ensuring members of the Engineering team are properly tasked, their workloads monitored and that the team produces results on time and within budget;
- Responsibility for conceptual product design, product development, engineering project delivery and creating technologically advanced, high quality and cost effective manufacturing solutions;
- Coordination of the projects throughout its concept and development phase to ensure the products are developed and delivered to the agreed timelines;
- Maintaining intimate knowledge of product performance data; ensuring any weaknesses are rapidly addressed;
- Embracing key performance indicators as a means of measuring performance and identifying areas requiring corrective measures;
- Liaising effectively with Production and ensuring that design data is of a high standard to transition easily into the production process;
- Communicating meaningful and timely data to management to illustrate business performance levels within Design Engineering;
- Acquiring an intimate understanding of the markets for the Company's products;
- Acquiring an intimate knowledge of the Company’s own I.P. designs;
- Focusing on design and development whilst considering the impact on the business;
- Ensure our business processes, quality procedures and work instructions for the design element of ISO9001 are suitable and maintained.
- Strong mechanical engineering competence with a broad experience in electrical engineering, fluidics, embedded software and electronics would be ideal;
- Previous experience and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing individuals and teams within a product-driven environment;
- A degree level or equivalent in Engineering, ILM Level 6 or equivalent in management would be an advantage;
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to lead, influence and build trusting relationships;
- A strong people manager with strong coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills;
- Able to act quickly and decisively to change and prepared to take difficult and sometimes unpopular decisions;
- Conversant with technical principles, technologies, product requirements and engineering products;
- An individual who can balance both innovation, creative problem solving and challenging the status-quo with standardisation and adherence to policy and procedures;
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget;
- Experience working to regulatory standards (CE, UL, FDA);
- A working knowledge of Pro-E or similar.