Product Engineering Team Leader - Bottom End
Brixworth, United Kingdom
- The Product Engineering Team Leader has responsibility for leading and developing their team of product engineers who in turn have responsibility for component, and system level engineering on the Power Unit;
- The Product Engineering Team Leader – Bottom is responsible for the team of specialists looking after all of the mechanical engineering aspects of the Bottom End of the V6 engine including Cylinder Block, Pistons, Connecting Rods, Crankshafts and Bearings;
- The Team Leader is responsible for delivering right first time solutions through outstanding engineering that respects the departments policies and procedures;
- The Team Leader is responsible for challenging their engineers for perpetual improvement in Power Unit performance & reliability through innovation in line with the top level Company objectives.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- To lead and develop a Team of Product Engineer who have designated areas of ‘Specialism’;
- To engineer world class solutions to requests in line with departmental policies and procedures;
- To continually deliver performance to the race track, whilst improving reliability;
- To champion best practices, and be the gate-keeper for the quality of engineering within their Team;
- To represent their Team in the key meetings including, Faults Meeting, Performance & Innovation meeting;
- To develop departmental processes to support world class engineering within our racing environment;
- To develop their Team through coaching, 1:1’s, objective setting, and mid and end of year reviews;
- The health and safety of direct reports and others within the work environment;
- Day to day management of employees and employment issues;
- Adherence to company policy, procedure and UK legislation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a high grade degree in a relevant engineering subject;
- Experience of delivering mechanical engineering solutions of engine components and systems;
- Experience of owning mechanical components and systems throughout their entire lifecycle;
- Experience working with Engineering, Suppliers/Manufacturing, Build and Test.
- Previous experience managing a team is desirable.
- It is essential that the applicant possesses a high grade degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Chartered, or on the path to being Chartered.
- Able to solve engineering problems quickly and accurately;
- Close attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage a team to top performance;
- Driven and motivated to energise their Team to meet demanding targets;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- To perform well under pressure;
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities appropriately.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
Don't forget to mention EuroEngineerJobs when applying.