Manufacturing Technology Manager
As Manufacturing Technology Supervisor, you lead the Manufacturing Technology group in Brugge and you are responsible for the results of this department. You support the team by:
- Analysing and troubleshooting production-/process issues;
- Optimising existing production processes so that we remain competitive in the market;
- Introduction of new products and process on industrial scale;
- Introduction of new technologies;
- Improving the current process technology.
You report into the plant manager and depeding on your experience, belong to the management team which is responsible for the daily management of the site, developing strategies and the masterplan to be successful long term.
Functional Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You lead the Manufacturing Technology Engineers and the Administrative Coordinator in technology, process efficiency and continuous improvement;
- Based on plant- and IB-goals, you set clear expectations and take responsibility for translating the overall goals into department goals;
- You set priorities for the different projects in your department and communicate effectively with the business, management team and MT-groups in other IB-sites;
- You determine the standard process costs, manage the production costs and make sure the recipes and procedures are up to date;
- You are responsible for the project savings and the reporting thereof;
- You have the necessary leadership skills to lead projects, optimize large scale production processes and to make appropriate business cases with the goal to increase capacity, improve quality and reduce cost;
- You work closely with the Operations Manager and the Maintenance Manager to achieve a reliable and safe operations.
Know-how & experience:
- Master in Engineering (bio-/industrial-/civil-) with knowledge of one of the following disciplines: biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, process technology and process control or equivalent through experience;
- Experience in the process industry;
- Experience with fermentation technology is a strong plus;
- Supervisory experience is a plus;
- Familiar with technical aspects in a process environment;
- Strong interest in automatization and process control;
- Sufficient experience to lead projects;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Leadership with strong coaching and communication skills;
- Safety minded;
- Organisational and talent;
- Multi-tasker that can easily make and maintain priorities;
- A problem solver that can quickly come to solutions;
- Flexible person;
- Willing to be on-call nights & weekends in a rotating system;
- Proficient in MS-Office;
- Knowledge of a DCS-systeem is a plus.