Sr. CAD Engineer - Analog Design Flow & Methodology Engineer
As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance design and simulation flows and methodology for analog/mixed-signal circuit designs.
- Typically requires 10+ years of industry experience in analog design flows and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tapeout;
- Full support for Cadence custom flows, includes tool development, installation and maintenance. Support Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE), Virtuosos layout Editor, customization of Virtuoso ADE Menus, Model Skew customization, netlist format variations, and schematic/layout CDF callbacks. Familiarity with ADE Results access, Data Analysis, Waveform plotting, OCEAN scripting customization with different simulators is needed;
- Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, NCSim, XA, etc. Deep knowledge on DC/Transient/Noise/PSS, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliablity analysis, MonteCarlo simulations. Strong ability to solve simulation accuracy and speed issues. Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product application, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements. Understanding behavioral models for analog/AMS circuits, experience in Verilog- AMS. Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification;
- Very efficient programming skills in languages like: SKILL, Ocean, Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, etc. Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs. Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions is a plus;
- Candidate should be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills, and able to work with cross-functional teams.
The role requires the candidate to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. Working in a small CAD team, you will be interfacing with the analog circuit design, layout team, technology team, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing, validating, and bringing up Analog design environment and flows, enhancing custom checks and data generation.
- MS/PhD preferred in a technical discipline.