Mechanical Engineer – Tooling Expert
GWF MessSysteme AG is the leading Swiss company for measuring, collecting, and managing consumption data for electricity, natural gas, water and heat. Our substantial experience in highest-precision measuring instruments, the deep expertise of our employees as well as the patented GWFcoder® technology allow us to provide revolutionary smart metering solutions which contribute to a sustainable use of energy. GWF solutions are modular and standardized data interfaces guarantee interoperability with all established system components as well as future communication technologies. GWF is a family-owned company with around 160 employees and over a century of metering experience. We have evolved from a trusted measuring instrument manufacturer to an innovative solution partner for measuring systems and metering data management.
To complete our team we are looking for a Tooling Expert which acts as the specialist for injection molding tools. You will work with the R&D team as well as the tool manufacturer as the lead expert for new injection molding tools to identify and prevent failures and to ensure quality product deliveries to the customer. We are seeking a tool design expert with a strong understanding of injection molding equipment and processes.
- Complement R&D team and support lead designers and tooling suppliers to improve existing tooling production and efficiencies;
- Facilitate R&D and customer design reviews and product discussions to improve injection molding tools, cycle times and efficiencies;
- Function as a development specialist with particular expertise in injection molding and issue resolution;
- Responsible for tool approval process, cpk-study analysis and measurement reports;
- Communicate/coordinate projects between R&D and tooling supplier;
- Support launch activities at the supplier’s facility as required;
- Incorporate best practices and lessons learned into product/tool designs;
- Facilitate executive level interaction with the customer and management.
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in tooling and injection molding;
- Ten years of related experience, five years of which should be tool building/injection molding experience;
- Expertise in process/material disciplines regarding injection molding, including thermal analysis, flow studies, tool assembly and tool maintenance;
- Professional and effective communication and representation skills at all levels in a multi-cultural environment;
- Very organized and detail driven with high levels of accuracy;
- Good command of German and English (written and spoken).
We offer you a dynamic, motivated and professional environment with exciting tasks. Your new workplace is easy to reach as it is situated close to the city of Lucerne.
For details and application see the following link: www.gwf.ch/career.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents.