We are always ready to speak to highly skilled and experienced people for our site in Crespin, and, we are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Vehicle Engineer to join our Vehicle Engineering team.
Define optimized Train Vehicle Concepts and Products, matching requirements at the best cost, high performance and maximizing customers satisfaction. Building block re-use and ensure the application of design indication from Chief Engineer or Lead Vehicle Engineer.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges:
- Ensuring the Vehicle level requirements, affecting the mechanical architecture of the train from the TSI’s, NNTR & applicable standards and customer requirements at vehicle architecture level. Deploy breakdown of architectural requirement to sub-systems or cross functions. Align mechanical concept with other modules;
- Delivering activities at QCD targets. Ensure the preparation and coordinate in QCD the work packages allocated to his scope that are assigned to other specific owners. Support with proper inputs MO function to prepare and maintain control dashboards & KPI list for the assigned WPs;
- Defining and documenting (ie doc5, bid documentation, Blue book engineering naratif, BRARs…) the mechanical architecture and integration for the products. This includes, but not limited to; creation of equipment diagrams, layout drawings, passenger capacities calculation, management and agreement of the mechanical interfaces between the respective engineering functions, ROQ systems and external suppliers. Prepare CbC & gap analysis toward bid requirements;
- Ensuring that the subsystem Vehicle Architecture design is compliant to requirements and optimised to meet performances and functional requirements. This will be achieved by working in partnership with all Engineering, Sales & RoQ stakeholders;
- Identifying and documenting all the validation and verification activities (e.g. calculation, tests, analysis) needed to demonstrate that performance and functionality requirements for the responsible mechanical architecture scope will be/have been achieved, for all design changes identified from the agreed base design. This includes, but not limited to, Acoustics & Vibrations, Aerodynamics/Thermodynamics, Weight, Gauging, Environmental conditions performances;
- Ensuring the needed inputs are provided to ROQ for performing their activities within VA scope and deliverables are verified for each stage of design. This includes Structural Mechanics, Crash and Vehicle Dynamics performances, Bogie and Carbody design. Discuss and evaluate RoQ proposal for their concepts;
- Managing the architecture in accordance with indications and strategy defined by MLN platform;
- Supporting building blocks standardization (populate data, KLA and KVP in DOORS);
- Supporting product selection (KPL CbC, doc42) and use of standardized Building Blocks;
- Defining and documenting best practices and design guidance for mechanical architecture.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Evidence of having successfully undertaken a significant technically role, leading small team(s) in the development of a new train design, or an area of train design, from concept developed through to delivery;
- Experience or sound understanding of defining, structuring and developing a rolling stock concept and design;
- Experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements;
- Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs;
- Provide technical expertise in vehicle level concept development;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel;
- Experience of developing and applying a range of system engineering process and tools e.g. DOORS requirements management database;
- Experience in Catia V5-2, Microsoft office pack and PDM;
- Experience of working across many different disciplines, with indirect reports to delivery complaint cost effective solutions technical solutions to schedule and budget;
- Working on rolling stock bids desirable;
- Experience of converting the customer's explicit and implicit technical and functional requirements into technical/ functional specifications to be used by design teams;
- Fluent English and French. German is a plus.