Project Manager Shiprepair
Damen Shipyards Group
The project departments within the Damen Shiprepair & Conversion yards are managed by a Head of Projects or directly by the MD of the yard. Every Project Manager is head of his project team, which consists of a work preparator, a production coordinator and an invoice maker. The team can be extended with a dedicated planner, purchaser, safety officer, quality manager and a cost controller. The Project Manager and his team are responsible for the preparation, execution, delivery and after sales of the repair, maintenance and conversion projects to seagoing vessels and offshore installations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project (commercial, financial and technical) from the moment of ordering up to delivery and fulfilling all contract agreements.
- Leading the project team, you are final responsible for the complete production and the final management starting the moment of order up to and including the delivery.
- Monitoring the progress and commercial accompaniment of the project are the most important aspects of your job, besides managing the project team.
- You will preside the project meetings and have regular contacts with the client, sub-contractors and supporting companies of Damen Shiprepair and Conversion;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities;
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for projects;
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- You have open communication skills with a strong convincing personality, you have a problem solving mentality and are customer and service orientated.
- You are experienced in managing complex projects with technical, financial and commercial responsibilities.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Ship-building or (Marine) Engineering and several years of experience in Repair and/or Conversion, ship building or another maritime industry;
- Your English, and French language, verbally and written, is highly proficient.