To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site: Chemical Engineer.
This person will be responsible to the study and optimization of Commercial Chemical Processes from a continuous improvement perspective and the report of the results obtained. The Chemical Engineer will also be responsible for troubleshoot and Support the production lines so that high levels of operationality are maintained and the Production Plans are accomplished.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical processes and API manufacturing;
- Study and develop chemical processes improvement opportunities;
- Executes laboratory work related to the evaluation of process improvement opportunities;
- Participate in technical meetings;
- Analyse and interpret the results of the process improvement studies;
- Participate in HAP sessions whenever required;
- Prepare or Review Process Documentation;
- Participate in corrective actions or preventive actions for deviations;
- Participate in the technology transfer of validated processes between Hovione sites whenever required;
- Participate in the implementation of process improvements at manufacturing;
- Elaborate written reports with the results of the process improvement studies;
- Attend Symposiums and/or
- Courses as part of continuous improvement;
- Trains the staff in subjects related to Chemistry and Process Improvement topics;
- Assure and promote compliance on Health, Safety and Environment in the areas and activities for which is responsible or in which participates.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry;
- Knowledge of Organic Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Process Development; Process Optimization and cGMP;
- Ability to adapt the acquired knowledge to new situations;
- Rigor and responsibility;
- Initiative and dynamism;
- Innovative and critical mind;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.