UPS Power Electronics Engineer
GE - General Electric
The UPS Power Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the development of power electronic converters for UPS (uninterruptible power supplies) and Power Quality applications
The role focuses on the following key areas:
- Leading the design efforts during all the phases of the new products introduction (NPI), from simulation to validation and testing.
- Evaluating new technologies and new typologies in the Product Design.
- Interacting with suppliers during all the phases of the development to ensure the product compliance to all the technical requirements.
- Applying NPI process, supporting appropriate NPI tollgate activities and managing the documentation related to each NPI Program.
- Providing technical support for continuous improvement.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Significant experience in Power Electronics or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in modeling, simulation and testing of power electronics.
- Proficient with simulation software, e.g. Matlab-Simulink, Simplorer, Saber.
- Proficiency with standard PC Office Software (eg, EXCEL, WORD, POWER POINT).
- Demonstrated abilities: strong analytical skills, manage multiple tasks, self-starter and independent.
- Fluency in Italian and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work using own initiative and willing to actively support to back-office administrative activities.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Knowledge in power electronic control.
- Experience with software development.
- Capability to perform product cost calculations.
- Experience interacting with customers, troubleshooting and installing fixes on live systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.