Electrical Build Engineer
Gaydon, United Kingdom
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support for all electrical systems of prototype vehicles/bucks during both construction and commissioning. To facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Co-ordinate with program team, PMT groups to determine electrical specification of prototype vehicles and develop BOM.
- Develop electrical component and software ok to build documentation. Monitor update and report on the electrical OKTB status.
- Liaise with external suppliers
- Develop RFQ’s to cover electrical modifications to prototype components e.g. wiring harnesses.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure high quality electrical prototype components are provided in a timely manner.
- Use appropriate diagnostic tools to investigate electrical problems and identify concerns. Then in consultation with the relevant PMT area develop and implement robust solutions.
- Manufacture/sub-assembly of relevant components i.e. breakout boxes, gateway modules.
- Co-ordinate with electrical PMT to develop the configuration AED files specific for each build.
Qualifications & Experience
- Automotive/Electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- HEV – High Voltage Training
- Specialised knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is essential.
- Recent experience of vehicle programing and coding principles – Specific Mercedes vehicle electrical architecture knowledge would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Monaco programing tool would be desirable.
- Experience in prototype engineering build environment with responsibility for electrical diagnosis and problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of current CAN/FLEXRAY communication networks as well as Canalyser diagnostic experience.
- Hybrid and Electric vehicle experience / working with high voltage systems
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft products.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential.
- The candidate must be able to carry out basic circuit design of experiment work & problem solving.
- Able to form effective working relationships across many functions.
- Work effectively as part of a team or on own.
- Proactively seeks to resolve issues.
- Able to lead and inspire a small team
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly
- Able to set and deliver targets
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills – able to think outside the box
- Strong technical focus, high quality mind-set
- Flexable approach to working hours
- Travel may be required UK and overseas