Manager, Electrical Engineering
As manager of the Electrical Engineering team in our design center, you will report to the Deputy Manager and be part of the management team in Design Center, Porto having a functional reference to the EE head quarter in Denmark.
You will be responsible for the performance of the team, i.e. mainly for delivering high quality design solutions on time. You will develop employees through coaching and target setting.
You must ensure and maintain good contact to a large number of stakeholders throughout the value chain, such as Technology, Sales, Manufacturing, Suppliers, and Service. You will be a key player to bridge the daily collaboration and coordination between the design center and Vestas R&D head quarter in Denmark.
You must at all times have a good overview of the all tasks going on in the departments and be prepared to communicate time schedules and resource constraints, and to negotiate priorities.
You will be working with these challenges:
Ensure timely execution of department deliverables such as high quality products and documentation
- Manage resource planning and delegation of work and budget controlling
- Strong people performance and development dialogue (incl. one-to-one, target setting, development plans)
- Coach employees in execution of daily tasks
- Recruit new employees and build the team
- Build and maintain stakeholder relations across Vestas' full value chain
- In collaboration with project managers; facilitate planning sessions and follow up on progress
- Identify cost optimizations in processes and products
- Embrace challenges and changes
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years management/project management experience from a large organization
- A bachelor/master in relevant electrical areas like electrical conversion and power systems
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience as Engineer
- Experienced in management of Engineering teams
- Cross cultural understanding and preferable experience with international companies
We value initiative, trustworthiness and the right balance between creativity and quality in all our solutions.
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality:
- You believe in and comply to our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability
- You are pro-active; result oriented and has a strong sense of responsibility
- You have an excellent commercial/business understanding
- You must have good organizational and communication skills and you must be able to work within an international and multi-disciplinary team
- You are highly motivated and work independent
- You have excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
- You have strong leadership and communication skills and capable of acting as a motivator through an open dialogue
- You area a strong networker and can easy build relationships
- You embrace challenges to ensure we stay efficient at all times