Vehicle Engineering Leader
Gaydon, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
The purpose of this role is to aid the delivery of key vehicle attributes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Coordination of vehicle concept layout in assistance to Vehicle Engineering Manager;
- Work closely with attribute leaders, marketing and programme teams to enable delivery of vehicle attributes to produce product in line with expectations;
- Support and conduct whole vehicle, attribute and system benchmarking and help to generate appropriate targets for the product;
- Work with PMT areas to develop whole vehicle, system and component DVP that delivers robust vehicle supporting targets'
- Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including number of vehicles, specification and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose;
- Work with PMT areas to ensure robust FDJ through use of virtual builds and assessment of target delivery;
- Manage Prototype fleet and apportioning of development testing to achieve robust FEC;
- Assist in concern resolution with engineering and attribute teams including regular reviews and reporting as required;
- Assist with management reviews and drive assessments as required;
- Support PMT/PMST meetings as required acting as the voice of Vehicle Engineering;
- Attend and present in Technical Forums, programme PSTs, and other programme reviews as required;
- Act as stand-in for the Vehicle Engineering Manager when required;
- Take a lead role in minor model programmes including concept work and attribute lead;
- Capable to work within tight time frames and relatively stressful working environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- NX CAD capability would be highly beneficial;
- Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination/management experience;
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle attributes;
- Experience in component design, development and sign off;
- Experienced vehicle assessor. R202 training beneficial;
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel;
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills;
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme;
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business, and a broad range of external technical partners;
- Full valid UK driving license (AML Level 4 driver trained preferable).