Materials Engineer - Carbon Fibre and Pultrusions
The Blade Materials team within Rotor Engineering are responsible for the development and specification of all blade materials within the blade Bill of Materials (BoM). We drive technological developments within these areas to deliver the most competitive blade products in the market.
The successful candidate joining the Blade Materials team will be focused on driving innovations in the use of carbon fibre and pultrusions for Vestas blades to improve performance, reliability and cost.
The Department is located in Lem, Denmark and Isle of Wight, UK.
- Understanding and specifying material requirements to meet design and commercial needs
- Development of innovative carbon fibre and pultrusion solutions, internally and with suppliers, to improve blade performance, reliability and cost
- Qualification and approval of materials systems for blade projects
- Material characterisation and analysis of data, including running trials in production environment
- Representing Blades in Material Sourcing Teams
- Mentoring engineers to develop and fulfil their potential
- Knowledge of carbon fibre and its specification, including test methods and analysis techniques
- Engineering or Material Science degree (BSc, BEng, MSc, MEng)
- Experience working as a Material Scientist, including with composite materials, desirable
- Knowledge of pultruded materials desirable
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Green Belt trained desirable
- Commercial experience, especially working with suppliers, desirable
- Lab experience desirable
- Pro-active team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm
- Experience delivering to projects
- Enthusiasm for our industry
- Collaborative mindset
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Problem-solving mentality