Services Coordinator Electrical Section
EPO - European Patent Office
Directorate Buildings, Technical Installations and Property
EPO The Hague (NL)
The European Patent Office (EPO) is looking for a proactive, flexible and internationally minded expert in the maintenance of electrical installations to work as a services co ordinator in the Electrical Section of its Technical Services The Hague Department.
Technical Services The Hague is part of the Buildings, Technical Installations and Property Directorate, which is in charge of building projects and the technical management of EPO-owned buildings.
The services coordinator will provide a range of expert and operational administrative services, while ensuring alignment with EPO rules and business goals.
- Performing preparatory and follow-up work for medium sized projects (up to EUR 500 000 in value);
- Managing an electrical maintenance contract (worth around EUR 2.2 million);
- Checking the correct functioning of installations falling under the position's remit (monitoring, reporting, etc.);
- Writing reports on the condition of such installations;
- Drafting financial requests, technical specifications, procedures, planning and technical drawings for maintenance/projects, as requested by line management;
- Co ordinating and administering projects/work under framework contracts to defined standards and schedules, as requested by line management;
- Informing line management of changes in legislation and/or standards related to the installations falling under the position's remit;
- Continually looking to improve maintenance processes;
- Monitoring workplace safety;
- Covering for colleagues in other fields in their absence;
- Being available to participate in an on-call service.
The ideal candidate will have
- A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- Expert knowledge of high and low voltage systems;
- At least eight years' proven experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical installations;
- The ability to draft tender documents and independently manage a maintenance contract;
- Experience in defining and setting up processes;
- Knowledge of building codes in the Netherlands;
- The ability to work analytically and conceptually, in a well-organised way, and to meet deadlines;
- The ability to negotiate in Dutch (desirable);
- Intercultural understanding and international experience (especially in working with staff from different countries).
- Diploma of completed university studies at bachelor's level or - in exceptional cases - equivalent professional experience;
- Working knowledge of two of the EPO's official languages (English, French and German);
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Salary and benefits
The EPO offers competitive salaries, an excellent social package, and varied work in a modern international environment. The net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy ranges from EUR 5 349.13 to EUR 6 751.33, depending on experience. In addition, depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependants', childcare, education, expatriation, installation, rent and language allowance).
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes.
Duration of the contract
The contract will be for the duration of five years, with possibility of extension. Subsequent appointment as permanent employee may be possible if conditions laid down in the EPO Service Regulations are fulfilled.
At the end of our selection process, we may place suitable candidates on a reserve list for a limited period of time. Being on a reserve list does not guarantee a job offer or imply any entitlement to employment at the EPO. You will be considered automatically for vacancies in your field. No action is required on your part unless we contact you.
Procedure and timeframe
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire. It is intended to hold the interviews on 13.07.2017 in The Hague.
Please apply online, using the online application form via the 'link', reference number EUR/4462.
Application until: 6 June 2017.