Senior Software Engineer and Group Leader
Looking for an environment that encourages collaboration, making an impact and contributing fresh ideas? At ViaSat we foster an environment of inspiration, resulting in a driven and cutting-edge company with advancing innovation. If you’re interested in continued growth, meaningful contributions, and have the flexibility to perform in dynamic team environments, then ViaSat is a fit for you!
Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It is uniquely ViaSat and, intentionally, not like any other company.
ViaSat’s growth is based on disruptive technology step changes that create unique competitive positions. This strategy requires remaining at the edge of multiple technologies. Our organization is shaped around those principles all over the world. The NL team, as part of the broader European strategy, is poised to create a unique innovation center that can contribute to our technology disruptions.
You’ll play a key role as manager of the newly formed NL office. You will get a chance to build out the NL R&D organization as it grows over the years. The NL group will report into the EMEA R&D HQ based in Lausanne, Switzerland and work with ViaSat business leaders the world over to deliver technologies and product solutions that will help ViaSat reach the goal of connecting the world through high speed satellite communications. Working with smart, innovative people you’ll be recognized and rewarded for creating first class services with the highest client satisfaction. You will engage directly with Dutch institutions and industries and integrate the Dutch offerings into our global strategy.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a business-savvy manager and an innovative problem solver with a positive, “can do” attitude. You have well-honed skills that can lead a group of engineers to identify what products can make the difference and to implement them. You are well organized giving you the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet ViaSat goals in creating a cutting edge group in a new location. You consider yourself to be flexible, comfortable with change, and will continually adjust your work habits to adapt to ViaSat’s innovative environment. You’ll also have the confidence and knowledge to influence others in a collaborative environment. Building strong relationships throughout the organization is imperative to success in this position. You are also someone that can start out small and grow with the team and the region.
- 5+ years of experience in managing an engineering team (5-10 FTE);
- Solid leadership presence and excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Knowledge and understanding of the telecommunication business environment and experience in strategic technology road map definition;
- Analysis and synthesis skills necessary for engaging with senior management and customers in both presentation settings and informal settings;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and European Tech/IT/Space/Aerospace industry;
- Good Experience in working in the frame of EU/ESA contracts;
- EU (27) Citizenship;
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestic and international.
- 8+ years as a Software Architect with a proven track record of leading multidisciplinary teams and subcontractors to deliver integrated software solutions particularly in the area of real-time data collection, deployment, and analysis;
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile, DevOps and traditional SW development principles and practices;
- Prior experience in software systems engineering encompassing systems analysis, design for test and unit test framework, CICD, and application security models;
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle including concept, system architecture, design, implementation, integration, testing, deployment, documentation and support;
- Proficiency in: C/C++, Python, Web technologies, Java, RTOS, Network management and Cloud Computing;
- Open and creative personality with a pioneer spirit, eager to meet technical and management challenges of a fast evolving market;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience in the business disciplines such as Finance, Tax, Legal and/or Human Resources is a plus.
Are you ready to join ViaSat? Submitting your CV takes just a few minutes and we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received. If you’re a good match we’ll follow up with you quickly.