The Application Engineer provides efficient IT service to support Allseas businesses and projects in accordance with the relevant processes and procedures established by the company. The Application Engineer reports directly to the Team Leader Application Engineering.
- Plan and suggest requirements and improvements to current systems and work processes;
- Maintain and monitor operational contacts with external IT providers in the responsibility area;
- Plan and co-ordinate deployments and upgrades for applications;
- Test and document all changes before installation, define internal training specifications if required at a user or IT group level;
- Plan and co-ordinate interventions, maintenance, updates and upgrades and procedural changes related with applications management;
- Follow new developments and evolutions in his/her responsibility area;
- Develop data retrieval and reporting queries.
- HBO/BSc degree in Information Technology with a minimum of 5 years relevant IT experience, preferably in an offshore, marine or industrial environment;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in SharePoint development and 4 years’ with software related systems;
- Experience with architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting;
- Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2005/2008;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken;
- Prepared to work on short-term assignments abroad.