Verification Engineer/Lead maintenance engineer
The Hague, Netherlands
Are you a driven professional that relies on proof rather than assumption? Do you want to make a unique contribution by helping to pioneer the development of a technology that produces cheap and sustainable energy for the future? Then we’re looking for you!
You will be in the unique position to take responsibility for the airworthiness of our experimental airborne wind energy systems consisting of state of the art 12 metre wingspan drones and a revolutionary ground based platform. This will be our newest generation airborne wind energy named ‘AP-3’. You will have about 5 engineers working with you to fulfil your task. You will hold the position what Australian law refers to as the ‘maintenance controller’. More specifically your role will be to:
- Control companywide PowerPlane maintenance and development, either scheduled or unscheduled as well as the personnel qualifications;
- Develop, enforce and monitor the PowerPlane maintenance standards, and take the lead in the configuration management of the PowerPlane;
- Maintain a thorough technical knowledge of the PowerPlane;
- Perform system verification activities, including test planning, test case development, test execution and test result processing;
- Perform root cause analysis and following up on problem reports, define mitigating actions and do risk evaluations.
As a Verification Engineer you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or systems engineering with 5 years of experience in an aerospace and process driven environment. You work efficiently in a team and support your colleagues. You are able to proactively pick tasks and take ownership, and you are willing to take part in flight testing campaigns. You like to learn new skills and you contribute to, and follow, developmental processes. You are skilled at writing technical documentation, and as a member of a diverse international team, you have proficiency in English.
Besides this you have
- Basic understanding of flight dynamics;
- Basic understanding of flight algorithms and software;
- Broad understanding of engineering disciplines;
- Completed the verification process on at least one system.
Because the role requires working in the Netherlands prior to relocating to Australia, we are looking for candidates from either country, or alternately, citizens of the European Union that have a valid work permit for the EU.