Electrical Engineer Rolling Stock
Hitachi Rail Europe
Doncaster, United Kingdom
As an Electrical System Engineer within Hitachi Rail Europe you will in a specifically tailored team to support Hitachi maintenance philosophy by conducting deep analysis of electrical systems considering design or maintenance improvements. Your role will enable Hitachi Rail Europe to supply the most reliable trains within a competitive European market.
Your new role
As a Electrical Engineer Rolling Stock You will be responsible for:
- Detailed electrical engineering analysis of train systems and components and to enable maintenance optimisation an enhance reliability
- Creation of specification documents for maintenance and overhaul activities
- Support technical teams at depots as subject matter expert.
- Carrying out thorough root cause analysis of any critical technical failure and operational events producing high-quality reports.
- Development and implementation of engineering procedures and policies regarding level of train fleet maintenance specified by customer/contract requirements and compliant with legislative regulations.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with 3rd party OEMs and suppliers.
- Responsible for liaising with Hitachi Japanese testing and commissioning teams to ensure that Japanese best practice and product knowledge is transferred/adapted to the UK operation.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate levels of H & S and environmental issues are maintained across departmental activities and compliant with company policy and Health & Safety at Work Act requirements.
Must be prepared to travel and overnight away from base location for short periods of time to support Great Western, ScotRail and East Coast Main Line operations.
- BEng or MEng qualified engineer;
- Professional Engineering Status- desirable;
- Significant experience in analysing detailed electrical engineering system;
- Operational experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times;
- Good team worker;
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company;
- Previous experience of SAP or rail vehicle asset management systems would be an advantage.