Electrical Design Engineer I
This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a small set of moderately difficult assignments.
- Assist the Lead in employing cost competitive engineering techniques to develop the most costeffective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work;
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of moderate engineering complexity;
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and three (3) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements;
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors;
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job;
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in project planning and scheduling activities, effort-hours estimation, staff forecasting, documents checking & auditing;
- Experience in design and engineering of MV and LV systems in compliance with international codes and standards, project specifications & general specifications prevalent in Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Power & other associated industries;
- Experience in preparation of material MTO for cost estimate, bill of quantities (BOQ) for erection works estimate;
- Experience in performing electrical system models & calculations and defining ratings of equipment/systems (power demand, load flow, short circuits, transient stability, motor starting, harmonics, grounding);
- Experience in definition and configuration of the electrical system and preparation of single line diagrams, relay and metering schemes, protective relays coordination study and setting tables;
- Demonstrating a high regard to HSE, Technical Assurance and Safety in Design;
- Good English language skills;
- Good computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs.
- Professional registration;
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials;
- Practical field experience;
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs.