Material Corrosion Engineer
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Material Corrosion Engineer to join our Rhineland Refinery near Cologne.
- Identify, create and implement proactive corrosion monitoring and improved inspection and integrity plans resulting in reduction in LOPC (Loss Of Primary Containment) and identifying saves (near leak) that increases site availability;
- Advise inspectors on appropriate inspection strategy and inspection technique;
- Facilitate RBI workshops and provide corrosion evaluation for RBI workshops including defining corrosion loops, process description, identifying failure modes, assessing failure modes, inspection data and consequence assessment. Also identify and develop IOW (Integrity Operating Windows);
- Provide Turnaround inspection and replacement scope;
- Facilitate and participate in causal learnings/root cause analysis workshops;
- Communicate directly with the refinery Integrity and Inspection team members;
- Communicate and co-ordinate reviews with Shell P&T and third party regulatory bodies.
- Materials, Corrosion or Mechanical Engineering University degree;
- Ability to demonstrate required competencies and work independently providing corrective service and support mindset;
- Significant working experience in a refinery corrosion position;
- Good communication skills to facilitate, initiate and maintain working relations with various disciplines in the Shell Group and Customer organization;
- Fluent in German and working knowledge of English.