Sr Manager Engineering
Objectives of the job:
- Manage the team responsible for all maintenance and engineering activities in the manufacturing area;
- Be an active leader as part of the operational maintenance and engineering team, support the defined operations strategy and work towards reaching identified goals;
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the maintenance & engineering department.
Manage, lead and motivate the team responsible for maintenance and engineering activities in manufacturing:
- Train and coach team members and ensure training records are up to date;
- Manage workload and resource distribution;
- Manage activities around budget planning and monitoring;
- Ensure activities are performed in according to GMP procedures and safety compliance standards in line with all applicable regulations;
- Responsible for hiring , succession planning, development and performance management of staff;
- Set departmental goals both for short term as well as the long term in accordance with Amgen’s operational strategy;
- Analyzing, trending, monitoring and reporting of departmental Performance metrics (Safety, Quality, Productivity and Delivery) through performance boards, monthly reporting etc. Identify appropriate actions for improvement;
- Capture key learning, best practices, potential issues/ trends and opportunities to initiate and implement continuous improvement, process & system enhancements and breakthrough initiatives for maintenance strategies to enable business excellence, cost reduction and increased productivity;
- Develop and manage a long term, medium term maintenance (asset life cycle) sustainability plan providing clear guidelines for those active in the maintenance effort;
- Execute and/or manage local & capital projects within area of responsibility within budget and timelines in close cooperation with GSS and other departmental stakeholders;
- Organize appropriate actions in case of unforeseen interventions related to quality, safety, planning, staffing, equipment breakdowns, performance problems, etc.;
- Manage increasing safety awareness- & alertness in team. Ensure incident reporting and reporting of any unsafe situations in close collaboration with EHSS;
- Manage optimized outsourcing model by selecting & managing subcontractors in order to ensure optimal M&E support within Operations;
- Actively participate in global, cooperate Engineering network streams by sharing & adapting best Engineering practices in close collaboration with Amgen sites.
Education & Knowledge:
- HBO degree in technical/engineering area (Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Industrial Engineering);
- Basic understanding of Global Regulatory guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practice) with the ability to interpret and apply in both routine and non-routine cases;
- Relevant experience in dealing with Engineering practices like RCM, TPM, TQM, RCS and Lean Manufacturing;
- Fluent in English language, both in oral and written communication.
- At least 5 years of related Engineering experience in the (pharmaceutical) industry with responsibility and demonstrated experience in managing a number of Engineering processes;
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Decision Quality & Problem Solving;
- Setting Priorities;
- Cross-functional collaboration;
- Effective communication skills (Oral & Written);
- Command Skills & Directing Others;
- Motivated, Engaged and Drive for Results.
- University degree in technical/engineering area;
- 8 years of related Engineering experience in the (pharmaceutical) industry with responsibility and demonstrated experience in managing a number of Engineering processes;
- 5 years of supervisory experience;
- Extensive knowledge of reliability processes within operations.