London, United Kingdom
- Monitor HSSE aspects of construction activities. Recognise areas for improvement and communicate them to senior management to ensure continual improvement;
- Evaluate and consider HSSE and CDM (Construction, Design and Management) by the virtue of robust preparation, planning and execution of works;
- Conduct quality, health, safety and environmental inspections and audits to ensure compliance with the Works Information;
- Assist PM in administering the contract by working with other members of the team to write and respond to contractual communications;
- Supervise site activities;
- Review Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection & Test Plans, Construction Drawings and Procedures, monitor and ensure compliance on the Worksites;
- Review technical queries and liaise with the engineering teams to resolve technical issues;
- Attend regular progress meetings;
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders and senior leadership team;
- Perform Witness Inspections with NEC Supervisor as designated in Inspection and Test Plans;
- Raise any observed non-conformances with the Main Works Contractor and/or Tideway Engineer/Project Manager;
- Perform schedule reviews to ensure work is delivered on-time;
- Monitor resources engaged on sites and provide written records;
- Maintain contemporaneous records and produce daily reports.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Experience in Construction Management;
- Experience of working with stakeholders;
- Manages other teams to track actions and deliver to schedule.
Skills and competencies:
- Competent in participating in meetings;
- Capable of managing peers;
- Excellent communication skills with all project team members;
- Comfortable working with Senior Leaders in an organisation;
- Understanding or prior experience with administering NEC3 contracts (Desirable).
Education and qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering/Construction discipline or similar, or significant field experience in the construction techniques and methodologies applicable to Underground Construction;
- Eligible to work in the UK.
For more details and to apply for this job click here