Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer
EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
Kick your new year off with a bang and take advantage of this exciting new opportunity!
Do you have experience in the planning, implementation and operations of complex technical infrastructure for Data Centres and looking to start a new career in a dynamic, international organisation in the space sector? If so Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) would love to hear from you!
This is an attractive and rewarding role offering growth and development along with exposure to new technologies. You shall ideally be hands on with a good working knowledge of best industry practice, you shall also have the ability to coordinate and manage small projects. As the key candidate, you shall have responsibility for the overall development of the EUMETSAT ground systems physical infrastructure for current and future satellite systems.
Skills/experience in each of the following areas would be ideal:
- Academic degree in engineering is required, or equivalent;
- Exceptionally, demonstrated success in roles in Industry demanding equivalent knowledge and skills may also be considered;
- Proven experience in the planning, implementation and operations of complex technical infrastructure for Data Centres, including: cooling, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and Data Centre Infrastructure (DCIM) systems;
- Experience with design and layout of equipment rooms with optimal occupation of space for racks, duct layout for power and data cables and of inter-rooms and inter-buildings data connectivity;
- Design and operational implementation of good practices for energy efficiency in data centres, including knowledge of energy-efficient technologies;
- Working experience in a 24/7 operational environment;
- Proven project management experience and a highly organised working style;
- Working knowledge of office software tools such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Project;
- Strong customer focus and ability to exercise good judgment in conflicting situations;
- High level of interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Applicants must be a EUMETSAT member state national with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written. Some knowledge of German would be considered advantageous as you will be interfacing with local contractors.
For more information or to apply please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int job ref VN 16/62.