MTG UNIX Systems Administration Engineer
EUMETSAT - European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites
Calling computer scientists looking for a new and exciting career in the New Year!
This is a fantastic opportunity to combine your experience and knowledge of large computing systems with your communication and documentation skill sets. You will be working with the latest cloud and virtualization technologies across diverse systems in an international environment with colleagues from across Europe in one of the most exciting of industries.
Europe’s Meteorological Satellite Agency (EUMETSAT) would like to invite you to join their team; you shall be given responsibility for all computer system administration aspects of the EUMETSAT Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) Ground Segment – a fascinating project that plans to provide space-acquired meteorological data until the 2030’s. This role offers career progression whilst working with modern and up to date systems within a dynamic environment.
If you are looking for a new challenge then take advantage of this rewarding opportunity and build your future within our friendly and multi-cultural organisation!
Along with a university degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, you shall ideally have skills/experience in each of the following areas:
- Proven experience in maintaining large scale computer systems in operational, high-availability and time critical environments;
- Full knowledge and experience in the following fields are mandatory:
- Computer operating systems (UNIX, LINUX and Windows);
- Computer fail-over mechanisms and clustering;
- Computer system designs and architectures;
- Computer hardware;
- Storage area networks;
- Management of hardware and software maintenance contracts;
- Management of COTS software products and licenses.
- Maturity and resilience along with excellent organisational and time management capabili-ties;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, combined with a proven ability to apply these to working within and across teams.
All applicants must be EUMETSAT member state nationals with a good working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
For more information or to apply please visit https://onlineapplication.eumetsat.int job ref VN 16/61.