Project Engineer at Microsys Laboratory
University of Liège - Microsys Laboratory
Microsys is looking for a Project Engineer to reinforce its team. The candidate will mainly work on a recently started Interreg Euregio Meuse-Rhine project where Microsys acts as the scientific lead partner. This project consists in the development of a wearable health monitoring device to be eventually tested in several Euregio hospitals. Aside scientific leadership within the consortium, the candidate will also be able to perform the required technical/scientific tasks foreseen in the project (and possibly in other projects ongoing at Microsys). As a member of a multidisciplinary team, he will both beneficiate from the support of other team members in their specific fields and have to give support to them in his predilection fields.
The position will include:
- Scientific leadership within the project, including:
- proactive follow-up of partners activities;
- scientific/technical support to them;
- lead regular meetings within Euregio Meuse-Rhine (Leuven, Hasselt, Maastricht…);
- scientific reporting management.
- Performing the tasks forseen in the project. To this end, the candidate will have knowledge in the following fields:
- board level electronics circuit design (analog and digital), including related CAD software;
- embedded software development;
- low-power electronics strategies implementation;
- RF hardware design and RF protocols;
- micro-assembly, interconnection and packaging methods;
- miniature sensors integration of data compression, treatment and analysis.
- As a member of a research laboratory, scientific dissemination of the results through journal articles writing and conferences participation is expected.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Master degree or PhD in Applied Sciences or Engineering (preferably with electricity specialization);
- At least 5 years experience in related field, with project management experience as an asset;
- French and English proficiency both written and verbal skills are mandatory. Dutch proficiency is an asset;
- Candidates need to have work eligibility in Belgium.