Innovation Design Engineer
As Innovation Design Engineer, your main focus will be to bring concepts to life balancing creativity with technical requirements. You demonstrate a unique balance between design, engineering, business, and an ability that embraces the use of creativity with an overall appreciation for design and engineering.
- Invent, conceive & design new products/systems/machines/services;
- Ensure that the products have unique problem solving/benefits have exceptionally high performance and quality metrics, be user centered, come with innovative technology;
- Products must significantly help Nespresso maintain the phenomenal growth that it has seen in the 3 last decades;
- Focus on mid & long terms innovations (3 to 5 years);
- Focus on both incremental and radical innovations;
- Find, source and develop information and details for efficient production resulting in excellent quality Production.
Education and experience
- University degree (Master or PHD) in Design Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering;
- 5 to 10 years business experience in consumer industry as design engineer (small devices, consumer electronics or home appliances);
- Deep understanding of designing products to optimize manufacturability, aesthetics and performance;
- Experiences working with Industrial Designer are a warmly welcomed;
- Proven Project management skills;
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.