Maintenance Planning & Coordinator
- Performs planning or coordination activities in Catania site to enable repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, machines and/or equipment. May supports work related to conducting routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and equipment;
- Promote the reliability engineering culture of technical innovation, and facilitate effective root cause analysis to eliminate process, equipment and systems deviations;
- Improve maintenance and manufacturing teams in identifying and implementing practices to maximize production equipment uptime based on prioritization and criticality and optimize the spare parts management;
- Provide troubleshooting and expert advice to production and maintenance staff;
- Analyse equipment history to identify specific repetitive failures. Perform engineering analysis on all critical equipment/asset failures to determine root cause.
- Promotes the use of Reliability Engineering concepts and tools to the Engineering and Production departments;
- Communicates changes and updates resulting from PMO activities, Strategy and Continuous Improvement efforts, and Project implementation activities;
- Generates change control documentation as required by reliability initiatives (i.e. Bad Actor reporting, FMEA, Projects, etc.).
- Establishes guidelines and specifications (i.e.: Task, Frequency, Materials, Skill, Calibration parameters, etc.) for properly implementing equipment Preventive Maintenance and equipment health activities;
- Administers and oversees the PM/Calibration Optimization Program. Provides technical assistance and expertise to other maintenance engineers’ assigned optimization activities to ensure compliance to program requirements;
- Develops, changes, and initiates maintenance activities (PM, CBM, lubrication, calibration, training, and spare parts) as based on analysis results (FMEA / RCM) to improve performance and equipment availability.
Strategy and Continuous Improvement
- Identifies chronic equipment (classification based) deficiencies through “Bad Actor” and cost analysis, Failure Mode and Effect analysis (FMEA), and equipment history reviews;
- Performs reliability analysis (FMEA/RCM) to identify root causes of chronic ongoing equipment issues;
- Updates the Maintenance Strategy and Reliability Ranking Index for equipment as based upon reliability analysis (RCM or FMEA) and bad actor reporting;
- Develops equipment reliability plans that reduce the number of failures and minimizes the effects of failures that do occur;
- Responsible for updating the criticality ranking of the assets under their care, typically using results from Bad Actor reporting and analysis, PM/Calibration Optimization and Rationalization activities, and FMEA/RCM approaches.
- Provides Life Cycle Cost Modeling and Statistical Analysis to Project Engineering for equipment design and selection;
- Provides “Design for Reliability” input to capital projects with respect to equipment specifications that create project approaches which minimize life cycle costs.
- Provides input and oversight to equipment standards;
- Develops procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects for existing and new equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors level degree in Engineering Mechanical or Chemical.
- Experience in the manufacturing environmental and/or maintenance operations of pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing facilities;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization, influence outside of direct reporting relationship and leverage network value.
- Equipment reliability principles and PdM disciplines knowledge preferred;
- Computer use skills, knowledge of CMMS (SAP);
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and understanding of maintenance work processes and the interfaces with other functional groups.
- Previous reliability/maintenance engineering experience preferred. Project management experience and/or equipment reliability principles knowledge preferred;
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis organization;
- Passionate about Operational Excellence (Continuous Improvement - Lean Manufacturing - 6 sigma - Visual Management - Standard Work - 5S and so on).
- Understanding of the animal health regulatory requirements;
- Deep knowledge of current GMPs as well as environmental, health and safety regulations.
For more details and to apply for this job click here