Lead Production Engineer
Do you have extensive production engineering experience, and would you like to implement IVM and optimise our production efficiency?
Join us and become Lead Production Engineer in the Siri Area Production Engineering & Allocation team. The team is responsible for day-to-day production support, allocation, production optimisation mainly from well performance, production and injection prioritisation, implementation and running of a Choke Model, implementation of IVM and the running of associated modelling applications. The team is part of a matrix structure and is organisationally part of the Subsurface Engineering function as a sub-discipline to Production Technology.
The Subsurface function is a part of Oil & Gas which has 520 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We deliver energy the energy that modern society still needs during the transition towards more renewable and sustainable energy. We explore, extend and produce the necessary energy to our customers, and we lead the way when it comes to innovative solutions to the extraction of this dwindling resource.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling to Esbjerg on the Danish West Coast in relation to your work, since this is where our operational base is located.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for production optimisation on a daily, medium- and long-term basis
- be responsible for the integration and running of a choke model to understand deferments, production potentials and identify locked-in potentials
- implement and integrate IVM, integrated production systems modelling, eg IFM, GAP, Resolve, Prosper
- be the mentor of less experienced production engineering staff enabling them to gain competences within, eg well and production system performance
- provide peer assist and peer reviews within the production technology discipline.
You will primarily work in the Siri Area, but the ambition is to hire a Lead Production Engineer who can also contribute more widely and provide qualified peer assists and peer reviews in both operated and non-operated ventures.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have an engineering degree
- have extensive experience at senior to lead level within production engineering from operating companies in the North Sea
- have good communication skills and a collaborative mind-set
- are enthusiastic and motivated as well as able and keen to mentor younger and less experienced engineers
- are flexible and adaptable as the market faces significant challenges and rapid changes are implemented.
Furthermore, you have a broad expertise and in-depth skills in well performance modelling optimisation, dynamic and steady-state, gas lift operation and optimisation, integrated production systems modelling Resolve, GAP, integration of IVM, well production testing and evaluation, implementation and running of a Choke Model, allocation, mature platform-satellite production networks and associated production engineering and well management challenges.