Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - CES
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is active worldwide as an independently operating provider of comprehensive engineering services.
The segment "Interior Functions" develops embedded system solutions for all interior functions in all kinds of vehicles.
We develop by integration of existing components stable and fast solutions for use in small series and special vehicles. We are always seeking useful applications beyond the automotive area and also offer a range of conceptual and feasibility studies.
Our portfolio of innovative products offers flexible and customizable solutions across the automotive and non-automotive markets.
- Displays & Instrument Clusters;
- Climatisation & Haptic Control;
- Comfort Electronics;
The main activities for mechanical designers consist in:
- Designing plastic and sheet metal solutions: modeling products and creating drawings for customers and suppliers;
- Computing tolerances calculations;
- Creating mechanical/electrical interfaces for layout activity;
- Creating DFMEA analysis;
- Updating SAP-PDM documents database;
- The CAD tools used inside the team are mainly Creo2 and Catia V5
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 years relevant experience using CAD tools: Creo2 and/or Catia V5, PDM;
- Knowledge of design requirements for plastic and sheet-metal parts;
- Knowledge of technologies: injection molding, die-cast, stamping and punching, machining, rapid prototyping;
- Knowledge of tolerance calculation methods;
- Understanding in other areas of engineering than mechanics: Electrical, Informatics, Optics;
- Good communication skills, well organized and detail oriented;
- Medium knowledge English skills – speaking and writing level;
- German is a plus.