GE - General Electric
This Design Engineer role is a new permanent position, based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon. The position is to assist with the initial transfer of work of a product line from the US to Shannon, followed by the ongoing support of this product line. We are seeking an individual who wants a challenging but rewarding role, contributing to growing the business in line with strategic direction.
- Design and develop Ultrasound testing solutions, including Ultrasound probes, Ultrasound mechanical instruments and testing accessories.
- Provide quotations for special products, then design and oversee their construction, validation and installation. This may include interaction with customers and/or sales teams on development of special solutions.
- Support growth opportunities with the primary focus on Ultrasound probes and solutions, but with possible inclusion of Ultrasonic, and Remote Visual inspection technologies.
- Work on non destructive testing (NDT) development projects while adhering to project schedules and performance requirements.
- Execute with support and guidance from Engineering teams across GE to analyse, design, test and/or integrate this new product line.
- Manage and support the assigned projects to meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product/program requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to internal and external customers as assigned.
- Document products and technical data generated consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, Instrumentation or related field from an accredited College or University
- Minimum five years technical experience in a related industry, Oil & Gas Industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment
- Computer literate with experience using Solidworks or similar 3D design software.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with the design, test and analysis tools relevant to the function.
- Strong Project Management knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of Eddy Current and Ultrasound probe design and fabrication techniques and industrial NDT applications.
- Experience with NDT inspection systems.
- Beneficial Skills include: Mechanical Design; Broad understanding of mechanical principles; Knowledge of machining practices; Electronics and Electro-mechanics; Six Sigma /Lean experience or certifications.
- Practical, hands-on experience in one or more of the following NDT modalities (ET, UT,RT,RVI).