SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
In the course of our work, there are three main research topics:
- The safety of nuclear installations;
- The well-considered management of radioactive waste;
- Human and environmental protection against ionising radiation.
SCK•CEN collaborates with numerous research partners both at home and abroad. The work performed by SCK•CEN has a direct effect upon various aspects of our daily life. Besides our work as a research centre, we also organise training courses and offer specialist services including consultancy.
As a foundation of public utility, the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre conducts groundbreaking research into nuclear energy and ionising radiation for civilian use, and develops nuclear technologies for socially valuable purposes. We achieve this by means of independent, fundamental and applied research, and by providing advice, training, services and products.
SCK•CEN aims to be a leading research institution and a centre of excellence at an international level. Driven by inspired scientists and engineers, in combination with a unique infrastructure, we aim to develop innovative technologies that provide solutions for the social issues and requirements in the field of nuclear energy and ionising radiation. Safety and durability are always the key priorities.
- carrying out neutron studies in support of safety analyses, experiments and/or reactor operation;
- making reactor load calculations for the core load management;
- drawing up and carrying out reactor measurements;
- neutron monitoring of the reactor operation;
- providing technical and scientific support for safety studies.
- a master's degree in a scientific field, a master's degree in Engineering Science or a PhD in Science (preferably with specialization in reactor physics);
- an additional qualification of Master in Nuclear Engineering and/or experience in nuclear environments is desirable;
- good knowledge of reactor physics;
- experience with numerical codes, preferably for neutron calculations (e.g. MCNP);
- prepared to work in controlled areas during reactor measurements and inspections;
- willing to occasionally work outside office hours;
- team-minded, meticulous, flexible;
- critical and an eager-to-learn attitude;
- sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiatives;
- good communication and reporting skills, both written and oral;
- good knowledge of English;
- knowledge of French and Dutch desirable, or willing to follow courses;
- complementary knowledge of thermohydraulics and materials for nuclear applications represents an advantage.
Send your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with reference NN 2016-177 via http://www.sckcen.be/jobs.
HR Business Partner
+32 14 33 25 72
SCK•CEN ǀ Belgian Nuclear Research Centre ǀ Boeretang 200 ǀ B-2400 Mol ǀ Belgium ǀ www.sckcen.be