Principal Structural Engineer – Grimsby
North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
ENGIE are recruiting for a Principal Structural Engineer to be based in Origin 2, Europarc, Grimsby, DN37 9TZ.
This is a permanent full time role (working 37.5 hours per week) and on offer will be a competitive salary. This role will report into the Head of Architecture.
The Architectural Consultancy is a multi-disciplinary design team working for clients in the public and private sectors based within the North East Lincolnshire contract in Grimsby. We are looking for a Principal Structural Engineer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a small structural engineering team and provide structural design services to clients.
- Act as Project Lead to deliver structural engineering services in relation to new build and refurbishment projects from inception to completion, managing and co-ordinating workload to achieve the project deliverables within the agreed time, quality and financial objectives.
- Liaise with clients evaluating the requirements of commissions and assist in developing a clear brief with particular regard to structural requirements.
- Prepare project plans, programme information, information to support Building Regulation applications, and pre construction phase health and safety plans for tender packages.
- Undertake feasibility studies, develop design briefs, prepare designs, specifications, contract documents and reports. Promote and incorporate sustainable design wherever possible.
- Lead and contribute to design reviews ensuring design quality, monitor emerging legislation and engineering standards.
- Consult with clients and end users, contractors, regulatory bodies, funding agencies, statutory bodies and deal with complex or contentious issues in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitor and report on deliverables, programmes and manage change control.
- Structural and Civil Engineering degree.
- Chartered Engineer status
- Design ability with detail knowledge of technical aspects of structural engineering.
- Knowledge of highway structures preferred.
- Competent in AutoCAD with knowledge of Revit and MS applications e.g. Word, Excel, Project and conversant with NBS
- Significant experience of leading projects through all work stages (RIBA stages 0 to 7) in the public and private sectors, contract administration, managing resources, costs and change control.
- Working experience of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and understanding of legislative aspects of project delivery including Building Regulations etc.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, work on own initiative and plan workload to meet priorities
- Any candidate should have the attitude, conduct and demeanour to reflect ENGIE values and effectively represent the company when dealing with customers and contractors.