Lean Manufacturing Engineer
GE - General Electric
Primary responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer are to develop manufacturing initiatives, optimizing manufacturing cycles, production footprint and to build the best cost competitive supply chain and quality in execution.
Manufacturing Engineer will utilize experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Be part of a team for a facility start up: construction, ERP system, manufacturing Process definition and coordinate functions, sourcing, engineering, IT, and HR;
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods and create process routings;
- Support fixtures and tools design: requirements, purchase and installation;
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment;
- Support EHS and ergonomic projects;
- Drive Process Improvement/Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or improvements;
- Drive changes to meet better quality and document methods Instructions;
- Attend quality sessions and help identification of root cause analysis and corrective actions for NC;
- Lead New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and share best practices with other locations;
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- Significant experience in manufacturing leadership position or Engineering;
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management;
- Knowledge of lean methodologies;
- Fluent English;
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results;
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing;
- OMLP Graduate (GE Employees Only);
- Strong Project Management skills;
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form;
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills both Hungarian and English.