Senior Engineer - Maritime
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with the Technical Director (Ports and Maritime - Scotland) providing technical, project management and business/team development support as required;
- Engineering design for Ports and Harbours including structural concrete, pile design, geotechnics and dredging;
- Liaising with other members of the Belfast based Ports and Harbours and Offshore Renewables Team to deliver an effective service to our clients; and
- Business development and preparation of proposals and marketing submissions.
It is envisaged that travelling primarily throughout Scotland, as well as the British Isles, will be required with occasional short visits oversees. Temporary placements with the maritime team in Belfast may also be necessary from time to time.
We are looking for a Chartered Engineer with the following attributes:
- A MEng or equivalent degree, hold Chartered Membership (ICE, IEI or equivalent) and an extensive post-graduation portfolio;
- Working knowledge of the Design of ports and other marine structures;
- A sound knowledge of UK design codes, Euro codes, and specifications;
- Knowledge of contractor procurement mechanisms, routes, conditions and documentation;
- An interest in working with a diverse range of UK and international clients; and
- A full manual driving licence.