Drone Industrial Engineer
Ascending Technologies is the core part of the drone business unit at Intel and develops and manufactures unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Our UAS technology is used in drones for professional and research applications, consumer drones and novel innovative aircraft. The Ascending Technologies team provides unique UAS expertise and achieves pioneer work in sensor data processing and flight control, UAV design and market development to set trends with leading aircraft solutions. Ascending Technologies is looking for passionate employees to proactively support the development of next generation platforms. This role is located in Munich – Krailling.
What We Expect From You
We are looking for a passionate Industrial Engineer to drive industrialization of our flight systems. In our in-house production facility we are manufacturing and assembling our current and future flight systems. As an Industrial Engineer, you are responsible for all industrialization activities related to one or several of our products. Your task starts early in the development process and ends with the end of the lifecycle of a product. Your goals include reducing cost, improving quality and increasing throughput while meeting launch timelines.
Specifically, your responsibilities are:
- Consulting the development teams on Design for Manufacturing;
- Driving the design transfer process;
- Selecting and qualifying production processes and production equipment;
- Creating assembly instructions, operating procedures and test methods;
- Taking ownership of corrective and preventive actions as well as quality assurance processes;
- Drive improvements based on data analytics: define relevant process measurements KPI's, and derive necessary actions;
- Leading the transition in close collaboration with our manufacturing team.
Since we are able to operate like a small independent unit within Intel, we offer flat hierarchies, fast decision making and great atmosphere combined with the benefits of a competitive compensation.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to have a deep understanding for our products and the required processes. Ideally, you offer the following:
- M.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience in industrialization environments with a proven track record of product launches;
- Flexible, dynamic thinker with hands-on mentality;
- Good communication skills to motivate improvements and drive the change;
- Fluent in English and German.