Lead Engineer Hull
As a Lead Engineer Hull – Detail you will be working at the Shipbuilding Engineering Department of an innovative leader in the shipbuilding industry. You will act as a focal point for subcontractors and assure that the quality and deadline of the delivered work is met. When needed you will check, solve and document bottlenecks.
Furthermore, the Lead Engineer Hull - Detail has the following tasks:
- Define and clarify documents & procedures to be followed by the subcontractors;
- Supervise engineering subcontractors, coordinating & checking 3D Hull models;
- Supervise all performed work to meet the project schedule;
- Quality control; compliance of documentation with the set standards;
- Communicate with other departments and 3rd parties;
- Produce Progress Reports.
Requirements Lead Engineer Hull
As a Lead Engineer Hull – Detail you meet the following requirements:
- BSc. in Naval Architecture or equivalent;
- 8+ yrs. exp. as a Senior/Lead Engineer Hull within the Shipbuilding or Yacht building industry;
- Experience in creative hull design with excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to interface between departments, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Ability to take firm decision and protect the company’s best interests;
- Commercial/financial aware attitude;
- Knowledge of CAD systems such as Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Excellent in English, both spoken & written;
- Willing to travel occasionally.