Sr. Structural Engineer Offshore Wind
KCI the Engineers
What’s my part in leaving landmarks?
You are the expert in offshore wind structures, with respect to Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) substructures and Offshore Sub Stations (OSS) design. Your part in our mission is to be responsible for hands-on Structural Engineering for concept, basic and detail design for offshore sub-structures and topsides for the offshore wind. Like KCI, you believe in the upcoming of sustainable energy and like to be part of creating landmarks for a cleaner environment.
You will participate in a project team of (senior) engineers and designers and advise on technical matters in other projects. Coach other (junior) engineers and act in a consultancy role towards clients. You take our expertise in wind and renewables towards a higher innovative level.
Okay, nice! But what are my responsibilities?
In general, you know your (offshore wind) calculations like Leonel Messi knows how to play football. You make sure the team you work with performs better. Also:
- Generating concept, basic and detail structural design for sub-structures such as jackets, gravity base foundations, monopiles (MP) & transition pieces (TP) for WTGs and sub-structures and topsides for OSS;
- You will be performing the necessary design analyses and studies with accompanying reports;
- You will be able to perform independently complex global analyses for load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy- and vessel impact conditions as well as the detailed verifications of welds, grout connections, wave slamming, vortex induced vibrations etc. of the sub-structures and topside structures;
- You will also be writing Design Basis, Design Briefs and Specifications as well as liaise with our Clients and Certifying Authorities.
Wow! Anything else?
Almost, before you can apply to be part of our team! Your social skills? If you like to get some coffee for your colleagues and know how to play a good game of table tennis then you probably like our social culture. Also:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (offshore). Min. 4 - 8 years of experience as engineer (structural), within the offshore wind;
- Experience with load-out-, transport-, lift-, on-bottom stability-, in-place-, fatigue-, natural frequency-, WTG load iteration-, foundation (pile& suction anchor)-, dynamic-, push over/redundancy-, seismic-, time domain- and vessel impact analysis;
- Software experience: Sacs/Usfos/Ansys/Femap/Aqwa/Mathcad/Matlab;
- Experience with geotechnical foundation design for driven piles and suction anchor foundations (incl drivability);
- Good knowledge of English and preferably also Dutch (both written and verbal);
- Team player and like to solve problem instead of making one;
- Coaching and leading experience is preferable.