Senior Hardware Platform Application Engineer
As a member of the Fiber Platform Engineering Team within the Connected Home Division (CHD), you will work in the area of fiber access networks, namely GPON and the next generation 10G/40G GPON and EPON.
Acting as a technical expert in close collaboration with internal and external partners, your tasks and responsibilities, focusing on hardware topics, will include:
- Definition of evaluation and reference boards (inputs to schematic/layout and review);
- Platform bring-up and optimization, development of system verification test cases including automation;
- Contribution to development of new chip features, characterization of high speed interfaces;
- Work on solutions for customers, review of customer designs. Contribution to and review of documentation.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of engineering experience;
- Good knowledge of electronic circuit design;
- Experience with high speed signaling, signal integrity concepts;
- Experience in hardware/platform troubleshooting;
- Ability to review/analyze schematic and PCB board with CAD tool;
- Familiarity with lab tools such as oscilloscopes, traffic generators/analyzers, BERT;
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Tcl;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.