Senior Composite Design Engineer
Woking, United Kingdom
- Conceptual and detail design of composite structures for race and test cars, including monocoque, driver integration and bodywork;
- When required, to assist in design work related to suspension, systems and transmission components;
- To develop composites manufacturing processes;
- To conduct composites-related R&D projects;
- Design of jig and tooling components for manufacture and testing of components;
- Specification, management and analysis of rig testing for car components;
- Analysis and resolution of running faults;
- Contribute to full car layout concepts and design evolution.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering or similar qualification;
- Excellent knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing techniques;
- In-depth knowledge of F1 regulations;
- Structures knowledge and calculation methods;
- Catia V5 experience (surfacing a benefit);
- Basic PC skills - word/excel.
- Self motivation;
- High initiative level;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
For more details and to apply for this job click here