Graphics Engineering Program Manager
London, United Kingdom
Apple's Engineering Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic Engineering Program Manager to join a newly formed graphics design team and assist in program co-ordination locally, and with teams globally. This will involve working with the design teams on definition of the architecture, spec, design and verification of graphics IP from concept through to silicon. You will also be involved in post silicon debug helping to resolve issues as we drive through to production.
The preferred candidate is a hands-on top class organiser who can prioritise issues and day to day tasks and will exhibit first class communication skills.
- Significant hands on engineering experience within a silicon design environment;
- Prior experience working as a project manager or project support officer within a technical environment;
- Skilled in the use of project management tools, bug trackers, spreadsheets and presentation applications;
- Strong time and task management skills with consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong desire to take responsibility for the quality of project communications.
You will be working directly with the design engineering team and be responsible for:
- Collecting, collating and presenting project data in a clear way for communication to stakeholders at all levels;
- Organising regular project and team meetings: Focussing design teams on program milestones and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right cross-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues;
- Capturing and communicating meeting notes and actions and following up on action items with responsible owners;
- Tracking & communicating project schedules and milestones;
- Participating in technical discussions, asking probing questions, and working with the team to pull together scoping, schedules, and solutions to issues;
- Proposing, collecting and analysing metrics to foresee trends, and correct course appropriately;
- Driving post-mortem learning and improvement over time.
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field.
- Some international travel will be required.