Description of the job
Are you passionate about Robotics? Do you want to work on complex and unique Robotics challenges?
We are looking for a talented top notch Robotics Engineer to join our Industrial team in Airbus.
Thanks to steady ramp up of production rate of Single Aisle (A320 family) and A350, Airbus is accelerating step changes evolution of its industrial system by integrating automated systems on key components and critical workstations. Here, aim of automation is to enable high volume production rate and reduce variability of processes compared to conventional manual processes.
Reporting to Industrial Robotic Technology Manager in Hamburg you are responsible for all design studies, realization and commissioning including design and execution of acceptance test procedures with Airbus’s Project Manager and Supplier of new robotic system for Hamburg plants.
Due to product complexity, upfront testing and troubleshooting is a critical accountability to provide. Responsiveness, communication and continuous follow-up are key components of providing excellent service to Airbus Hamburg plant production teams. These responsibilities are the backbone to prepare wide dissemination through Airbus’s plants of next generation of robotic solutions based on Open Robotic Interface and Interchangeable Modular Design.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a robotics engineer, with your technical expertise, you will play a key role in our Industrial organisation, you will:
- Be in charge of the Implementation of robotic systems and deployment of robotics in sophisticated applications;
- Design and perform test programme to assess all performance types of system included endurance test;
- Develop vision systems and integrating image processing application in robotic systems;
- Develop close loop system between external devices and real time robot control;
- Design and deploy motion control systems, navigation system and path planner in complex applications;
- Develop and implement planning, control algorithms and dynamic model for multi-link rigid-body robots (e.g., inverse kinematics, PRM), human-machine interaction application (HMI);
- Develop and implement integration of safety system to enable human and machine sharing same physical environment;
- Design mechanical systems for complex automation equipment (e.g. end effector …) thanks to understand and deeply know use of systems with servo, harmonic drive, drive, bearings, pneumatics & transmissions;
- Steer trouble shooting, failure analysis and analytical thinking (Software/Hardware);
- Use of CAD to create schematics; print detailing and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T);
- Develop and maintain applications able to be hosted within real time embedded system (Vxworks; Linux RT).
With an engineering degree or equivalent and proven working experience, you have an in depth understanding in Mathematics and sciences.
You have acquired an extensive experience in the following areas:
- Electro/Mechanical of Fanuc/Kuka/Siemens and theirs Programming and maintaining robot, mechatronic, artificial vision (hardware selection and vision based algorithm);
- Metrology and process capabilities (SPC analysis…);
- Testing and troubleshooting: geometric, process and maintenance testing (field commissioning or service engineer experience is recommended).