Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
GE - General Electric
Rivalta di Torino, Italy
Drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development. Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence. SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors. Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations. Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects. Works together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done. Provides technical/commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge. Actively participate in supplier performance reviews. Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field. Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
- Engineering Degree from an accredited University or college;
- Proven experience in aviation business;
- Significant experience in a quality environment or supplier quality or manufacturing engineering;
- Knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes;
- Fluent in English and Italian;
- EU Work Permit required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills both english and italian;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong influencing skills;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Effective problem solving skills;
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.