Field Service Engineer
- Manages independently the assigned service interventions on site in a timely and qualitative manner;
- Is responsible, together with his/her co-workers Service Account Managers and Field Service Engineers, for preparation, execution and reporting on the various service interventions and projects assigned;
- Installation & commissioning, validation and calibration of new (and older) equipment;
- Preventive maintenance interventions and inspections, repairs and relocation of equipment;
- Upgrades: advise, support and cooperate with customers, project managers and colleague field service engineers on functional upgrades, controls upgrades, HSE upgrades (containment, ATEX, etc.);
- Develops a feeling for operation of the installation, the process aspects, and can grow into more advanced services on the long term:
- Maintenance & operator training;
- Troubleshooting (remote, on site, …);
- Output performance improvement (cleaning performance, yield improvement, health checks, FMEA/FMECA analysis, OEE initiatives);
- Basic process support.
- Is responsible, together with his/her co-workers Service Account Managers, for achieving customer satisfaction and customer service KPI’s, as well as developing local service capabilities in region and countries with local GEA branches;
- Reports to the Customer Service Account/Area Managers on the day to day job, and their management;
- Is managed by the GEA Field Service Execution Manager.
- Bachelor/master Degree electric, electro mechanics or mechanic (or equivalent by experience);
- Experience/strong interest in all machine building aspects: application knowledge, process engineering, electronics and controls, mechanical engineering;
- Accurate, no nonsense attitude and able to take responsibility for customer service projects;
- Enthusiastic, service-oriented and flexible team player with commercial affinity;
- Prepared to travel frequently;
- Basic knowledge of languages: Dutch and English are a must. French, German and/or Spanish are an advantage.
For more details and to apply for this job click here